How to Add Products to your Homepage in Magento 2
This tutorial shows you how to add some products to the blank home page of your website using Magento widgets in less than 10 minutes.
Step 1. Edit the Home Page of Your Website
– In your Magento admin panel, click on the Content menu on the left-hand side followed by Pages.
– Next, choose Edit from the Select drop-down box located to the right of the Home Page.
– Under the Page Information on the left-hand side, click on the Content tab.
– Replace the piece of text in the text box that reads CMS homepage content goes here with your own custom text.
– Then click on the menu button, which says Insert Widget when hovered upon, in the top left-hand corner so that you can add products to your website’s home page using a Magento widget.
Step 2. Set up a Widget
– From the drop-down box labelled Widget Type, choose Catalog Products List.
– Type Featured Products in the Title field, leave Display Page Control to No, and then put a value in the field labelled Number of Products to Display.
– Skip the Template option as this widget only offers one template type called Products Grid Template. You can also leave the Cache Lifetime blank.
– The Conditions option, meanwhile, allows you to restrict the products that appear on your home page using any of the product attributes in your Magento system.
– Skip this option for now then click on Insert Widget on the right-hand side.
– There in the text box in your Home Page settings, you can now see the widget that you set up.
– Click on Save and Continue Edit in the top right-hand corner then head over to the front-end of your website.
– Reload your home page, and you now see many products where once there was none.
Step 3. Clear the Caches
– Go to the System menu on the left-hand side then click on Cache Management.
– Choose Select All from the drop-down box on the left-hand side then press Submit.
– Go back to your website and refresh it, and you should be able to see the products on your screen.
Step 4. Edit the Widget
– Go back to the Home Page settings in your Magento system.
– Double-click on the icon in the text box then enter a smaller number in the field that’s labelled Number of Products to Display.
– Click on Insert Widget on the right-hand side and then press Save and Continue Edit at the top right.
– Clear out the caches, refresh the home page of your website, and you see fewer products now.
Step 5. Add a New Widget
– Go back to the Home Page settings in your system then go a couple of spaces below the widget in the text box.
– Click on the icon which, when hovered upon, says Insert Widget in the top left-hand corner.
– Choose Catalog Products List from the drop-down selections for Widget Type, and then enter Special Offers in the Title field.
– This time set Display Page Control to Yes then enter a number in the field labelled Number of Products per Page.
– In the field labelled Number of Products to Display, enter the total number of products that you want to show on your site.
– If you only want to show products under a specific category, click on the green plus (+) button, and then choose Category from the drop-down menu.
– Next, click on the ellipses following the words Category is then click on the blue icon between the box and the green tick.
– Tick the categories that are assigned to the products that you want to add to your home page.
– Once that’s done, click on Insert Widget on the right-hand side, and then press Save and Continue Edit at the top right.
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here are always open.
See you there,
Matt & Dave
See more here