When you feel that your admin password in Magento 2 has been compromised, or find it hard to remember every time, you can easily get a new one in two easy steps.
This tutorial shows you how, so follow along.
Step 1. Change Your Password
– In your Magento 2 admin panel, click on your username in the top right-hand corner followed by Account Setting.
– Type your new password in the corresponding box and then confirm it in the next box labelled Password Confirmation.
Avoid using Magento, Magento 2 or your username as your password, and make it alphanumeric to ensure maximum security.
– In order to get an idea of how a secure password looks like, search for Password Generator on Google.
– For your new password to take effect, type your current password in the box labelled Your Password, and then press Save Account in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2. Verify That Your Password is Working
– To find out if your new admin password in Magento 2 is working, click on your username at the top right then choose Sign Out from the drop-down options.
– Enter your username and new password in the login page, and then press Sign in.
– You know that your new password has been successfully applied to your system if you see your Magento dashboard on your screen right now.
– In this short tutorial you learnt that changing your admin password in Magento 2, regardless of reason, only takes a few clicks and three fields to fill out.
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here are always open.