How to Change your Location/Locale Settings in Magento 2
In this tutorial we will show you how to change your Locale Settings in Magento 2 based on the location of your business.
Note that this tutorial is going to use the United Kingdom as an example of a Magento store location, so just refer to your own country of residence as you follow along.
Step 1. Set up Your General Locale Settings
– From your admin panel, go to the Stores menu on the left-hand side then click on Configuration.
– Once you’re in the Configuration section, click on the General tab on the left-hand side then expand the first section called Country Options by clicking on the down arrow to its right.
– Set the Default Country to United Kingdom then scroll down and expand the section called Locale Options.
– Set your Timezone accordingly, so in this case it would be Greenwich Mean Time (Europe/London).
– Next, choose English (United Kingdom) from the Locale drop-down selections, and then change the Weight Unit from lbs to kgs.
– After that, expand the Store Information section then fill out all the applicable fields as the information you put in here will appear on your website.
– Once that’s done, press Save Config in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2. Set up Your Local Currency
– Click on the Currency Setup on the left-hand side then expand the first section labelled Currency Options.
– From the drop-down selections for Base Currency and Default Display Currency, choose British Pound.
– Choose the same currency for the Allowed Currencies option; to allow multiple currencies in your store, hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard then select your preferred currencies.
– Once you’re finished setting up the currency(ies) in your store, press Save Config at the top right.
Step 3. Set up Your Shipping Settings
– On the left-hand side, click on the Shipping Settings underneath the Sale section.
– Expand the first section called Origin then set the Country to United Kingdom so that your customers can see the country you’re based in when they reach the checkout of your website.
– Remove the ZIP/Postal Code then click on Save Config in the top right-hand corner.
Step 4. Set Your Merchant Country
– Click on Payment Methods, which is underneath the Sales section, on the left-hand side.
– If you already have PayPal or another payment method set up in your Magento system, and it works just fine, leave it as it is.
However, there is one important thing that you need to do.
– Choose your country from the drop-down selections for Merchant Country then press Save Config at the top right.
– That’s a simple but very important step as the settings for PayPal would differ from one country to another.
Step 5. Clear the Caches
– Click on the Cache Management link that you see in the pop-up message at the top of your screen.
– Next, choose Select All from the drop-down box on the left-hand side, press Submit and then wait for the page to refresh.
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here are always open.
See you there,
Matt & Dave
See more here