How to Enable/Disable the Wishlist in Magento 2
By enabling the Wish List on your Magento 2 website, you are giving your customers the ability to plan their purchases ahead of time.
However, if you don’t have any use for the Wish List on your site, turning it off would only take two clicks.
This tutorial takes you through the steps of disabling, as well as enabling, the Wishlist in Magento 2, so follow along whenever you’re ready.
Step 1. Disable the Wish List
– In your Magento 2 admin panel, click on Stores on the left-hand side followed by Configuration.
– On the left-hand side, expand the tab labelled Customers then click on the Wish List option.
– Expand the General Options by clicking on the down arrow to its right, and you’ll find that the Wish List is enabled by default.
– To disable it, change the setting of Enabled from Yes to No, and then press Save Config in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2. View the Wish List on Your Website
– Click on your username in the top right-hand corner then choose Customer View from the drop-down options.
– Choose a product to add to the cart, and you don’t see the Wish List feature anywhere because it has been disabled in the back end
of your site.
Step 3. Enable the Wish List and Clear the Caches
– Go back to the settings of the Wish List in your system, set Enabled to Yes, and then press Save Config at the top right.
– That prompts a pop-up message about invalidated cache types.
Click on the link that says Cache Management to clear the caches out.
– Choose Select All from the drop-down box on the left-hand side, click on Submit, and then wait for the page to update.
Step 4. View the Wish List
– Head over to your website and reload the product page you were on earlier.
– You can now see the Wish List option underneath the Add to Cart button on the right-hand side.
– To be able to add this product to their wish list, customers have to click on that option and then create an account on your Magento 2 website.
– Depending on what your line of business is, the Wish List is a wonderful feature to have on your Magento 2 website.
– In this tutorial you learnt not only how to enable and disable the Wish List in Magento 2, but also what its purpose on your website is.
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here are always open.
See you there,
Matt & Dave
See more here