Hi everybody, I am Cuong, Welcome back to my Magento 2 tutorial video series. How to create Multiple Stores View in Magento 2.
What I’m going to do in this video is I’m going to show everybody How to set up multilingual in Magento 2.
As far as I know, Magento allows us to create multiple stores view for a website. This feature helps us to display the website with multilingual.
So you can set up multilingual in Magento 2 by following the below steps:
Step 1: Create A New Store View
– Go to the Admin Panel of the Magento Store and navigate to the STORES → Settings → All Stores
– In All Stores section, click on the button Create Store View.
– In New Store View section, input parameters as follows.
Store: Select the Store that is the parent of the view.
Name: Fill in Name for store view e.g. Vietnamese.
Code: Enter a Code in lowercase characters to identify the view e.g vi.
Status: To active Store View in front-end, choose Status to “Enable”.
Sort order: Define order in the Store View list for this store view.
Once you’re done, please click Save Store View button.
– At this step changes the Default Store View to English
– Under your root folder, run the command line: php bin/magento indexer:reindex
Step 2: Set Locale Option and Default Country of New Store View called “Vietnamese”
– Go to the Admin Panel of the Magento Store and navigate to the STORES → Settings → Configuration
– On the top-left, in the box to view and manage the Store view, select “Vietnamese” Store view. Go to the General section.
– Open Locale Options tab. Select the Locale as “Vietnamese (Vietnam)”.
– Open Country Options tab. Select the Default Country as “Vietnam”.
Click the Save Config button.
– Add the language code to the URL. I mean, your url will be or
with “vi” and “en” is the language code of Vietnamese and English store view. These codes will be added to the URLs
Step 3: Setup Multiple Currencies
1. Setup Multiple Currencies
– Go to the Currency Setup section.
Open Currency Options tab:
Select the Default Display Currency as “Vietnamese Dong”.
Select the Allowed Currencies as “Vietnamese Dong”.
– Click Save Config button.
2. Setup Currency Exchange Rates
– Go to the Admin Panel of the Magento Store and navigate to the STORES → Currency → Currency Rates
– Click on Import to import the desired currency rates. That’s mean, 1 USD = 22272 VND
– Click Save Currency Rates button. You can modify currency rates in the table directory_currency_rate inside your database.
Step 4: Test and see the results
– Run the command lines:
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US vi_VN (Applying for Magento 2.1.x)
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US vi_VN -f (Applying for Magento 2.2.x)
– Go to the homepage
In the next video, I will show you How to create a new language package in Magento 2. It will help you to translate the texts into the new store view.
Thank you for your watching. If you have any questions about this best practice please feel free to leave a comment below.
Don’t forget to like, comment, share and subscribe to my channel for getting the latest videos.
If you have the Magento tasks, that you want to hire me completing it, please contact me via the Skype: cuongnq87 or the fan page: I am willing to support you, my rate is $25/hour in Magento 1 and $30/hour in Magento 2.