How to Upload Product Images in Magento 2
Follow along and learn how to upload product images to your Magento website, the easy way.
Step 1. Choose a Product
– From your Magento admin panel, go to the Products menu on the left-hand side then click on Catalog.
– Click on the product which you want to add an image or images to, and then scroll down to the Images and Videos section.
Step 2. Add an Image to Your Product
– Click on the camera icon, highlight the images to upload in the pop-up window, and then press Open.
– Or highlight the images in the pop-up window, and then drag and drop them in the camera icon.
– After you have added in the images, click on the link that says Images and Videos underneath the box.
Step 3. Rearrange and Add Details to the Images
– Move the images left or right, and then drop them where you want them to be.
– Suppose you uploaded an image by mistake and want to delete it, click on the bin icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the image.
– Click on the tag icon in the bottom right-hand corner of an image to set it as the Base Image or main image.
– You may add extra information to an image by double-clicking on it.
– The topmost box on the right-hand side is for the alternative text of this image, and then underneath it are the different image types that you can set it to.
– Once you’re finished adding in the extra details, click on the “X” mark in the top right-hand corner to return to the previous page.
– However, if you would click on the product’s base image, you will notice that the checkboxes in the Role option have already been preselected.
– Click on Save in the top right-hand corner and then wait for the page to update.
– Head over to the front-end of your website, select the product you added images to, and you should see its images to the left of the product details.
This tutorial has shown you how Magento 2 has made uploading product images to your website easier and quicker than it’s ever been in the previous versions of your favourite e-commerce platform.
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here are always open.
See you there,
Matt & Dave
See more here